WalangPasok: Public elementary and high schools under the Department of Education shall have the semestral break after the 2nd Quarter Examination which starts on October 21 and ends on October 25, 2019. The days of October 21-25 are regular work days for all teaching and non-teaching personnel, hence attendance will be officially monitored.
All schools shall have to conduct In -Service Training (INSET) for all teaching and non-teaching personnel during the duration of the semestral break. The inset may include all possible topics that will contribute to the welfare, well-being, professional growth, love of the teaching profession, and professionalism of the teachers.
DepEd Order 007, s. 2019
1. The School Year (SY) 2019-2020 shall formally open on Monday, June 3, 2019, and shall end on Friday, April 3, 2020. It shall consist of 203 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET), the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences to be conducted within the school year, and the World Teachers’ Day; provided, that during the five-day INSET, students shall be given advance reading for the attainment of learning objectives.
2. Private schools may deviate from this School Calendar. However, they may not start classes earlier than the first Monday of June nor later than the last day of August, as provided in Republic Act (R.A.) No. 7797 entitled An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred (200) Days to Not More Than Two Hundred Twenty (220) Class Days. Said schools should notify in advance their respective regional offices (ROs) regarding any deviation from the school calendar.
3. The Implementing Guidelines on the SY 2019-2020 Calendar of Activities are provided in Enclosure No. 1 to enable the schools to effectively and efficiently implement the school events and activities. Likewise, the guidelines shall allow the ROs and the schools' division offices to provide support to schools, particularly in the areas of instruction, and progress monitoring and evaluation.
4. Schools may observe national and local celebrations other than those indicated in Enclosure Nos. 2 and 3, provided that these are beneficial to the learners. In this regard, ROs may issue a supplemental calendar to reflect their local events.
5. To compensate for unplanned suspension of classes such as natural and manmade calamities, the Alternative Delivery Mode (ADM) or make-up classes are recommended to be undertaken. The conduct of such activities must be agreed upon by school heads, teachers and concerned parents.
Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
The resumption of classes for the third quarter will be on October 28, 2019. as per DepEd Order No. 07 series of 2019.
On the other hand, it said private schools “have the discretion to schedule their own semestral breaks. ” Private schools have the exception to deviate from the calendar as regulated by Republic Act No. 7797 entitled An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred Days to Not More than Two Hundred Twenty Class Days.